Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Breakfast Pizza


I tried to tell my friends that i invented this. I almost convinced myself of it too. If i'm honest, i was inspired by Jamie's one-pan-midnight-fry-up. Anyway, this is my twist on the idea and it works well.

Whats in it:

Pizza base
Baked beans
Sausages
Bacon
Eggs
Grated cheese (cheddar or the like)

How it all comes together:

Take a pizza base (i have a bread machine, so i make my own) and spread a good layer of baked beans on it. arrange chopped sausages on top (its best if you lightly fry them in a pan first, just to colour the outsides). Add bacon, torn-up into bite-size pieces.

Put pizza straight on the middle shelf of the oven, pre-heated to its highest setting.

After around 4 minutes, take the pizza out. Carefully break 2 eggs over the top, season with a little salt and cracked black pepper, grate the cheese over the top and return to the oven for a further 4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the eggs are done.

This is ideal when completely drunk, at around 4am. It feeds 4 people pretty well and they will certainly thank you for it (if they can remember eating it).

x




1 comment:

Michele said...

This sounds SO GOOD! A food my kids will actually eat :) Will be giving it a try!