Sunday, November 27, 2005

Cheese On Toast For Very Slightly Posh People.


This was pretty tasty at around midnight last night. Again one of those "let's see what we have in the fridge". I'm a bit addicted to tapenade at the moment although I must confess that I buy it in jars from the supermarket. It's really tasty, quite salty and almost fruity somehow. I equally love roasted peppers but do also mostly buy them in jars because I'm lazy. For those of you less lazy, Here's how to make them, courtesy of Rachael at Fresh Approach Cooking.


What I Used:

2 Slices Wholemeal Bread
Mature Cheddar Cheese
Tapenade (a generous slathering)
Mixed Roasted Peppers (finely chopped)

Pretty Easy:

  • Stick the bread under the grill to toast on 1 side.
  • remove from the grill, turn over to the un-toasted side and spread a good layer of tapenade on top. Layer up plenty of sliced mature cheddar.
  • Finely chop the mixed roasted pepper and spread evenly over the cheese. Grind some black pepper over the top.
  • Return to the grill until the cheese is bubbling and nicely melted.

I also really like Worcester Sauce on top of the cheese but we didn't have any, so I didn't add any. You could do though!

x

No comments: