My Dad made this soup over Christmas. I helped a bit and so I thought I might post it.
The good thing about making soup like this is that it maximizes on the flavour, gets the most nutrition out of the vegetables and tastes really good.....It's also very easy and we like that, don't we?
What's in it:
2 Red Peppers (deseeded and cut in half)
10 Cloves Garlic (whole and with the skin intact)
Salt & Pepper
Fresh or Dried Basil
- Place the peppers, tomatoes and garlic in a roasting tin. Cover liberally in olive oil and season well with salt and pepper (If you're using dried basil, add some now). Roast in the oven set to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2 for 30-40 mins (use your judgment).
- Heat 1 pint vegetable stock in a pan and maintain the temperature over a low heat.
- Place all the roasted vegetables including the garlic, along with 1 ladle stock into your blender. Blend thoroughly on a high setting.
- Strain into a new pan, adding more stock, according to how thick you want the soup. Stir over a medium heat.
- Finish with freshly torn basil and a little cream if you wish.